From alerting the public to the seductiveness of cults...to working with families in the midst of a crisis...to assisting former cult members readjust to mainstream life, we can help.
Cult Hotline: (212) 632-4640
Consultation for families and friends
- Providing information and crisis intervention.
Counseling for former cult members
- Providing information about the practices and beliefs of specific groups.
- Offering guidance in identifying possible course of action.
- Referrals and coordination with intervention specialists as appropriate.
- Referrals to community resources and religious leaders.
Counseling for families and friends of cult members
- Helping relieve symptoms induced by the cult experience, such as depression and guilt.
- Helping former cult members make a positive readjustment to life after the cult, such as moving on with education and career and establishing respectful relationships with family and friends.
- Read a personal experience of growing up in a cult...
Family Support Group led by a licensed clinician
Community Education and Consultation
- Helping develop a plan for continued contact with the cult-involved loved one.
- Helping deal with distress over the estrangement.
- Providing literature, speakers, and workshops for community groups, schools, colleges and yeshivas, and seniors programs.
- Offering consultation to mental health professionals and educators.
- Coordinating workshops.
- Read what our peers are saying about the Cult Clinic and Hotline.